About Me

My photo
I am a junior at Creighton University in Omaha, NE. I really like it there. The campus is small and it feels like we are all just one big family. I am a theology/secondary education major and I am discerning a career in youth ministry.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year

A lot of people have been posting about 2010 and what they want to do in 2011. These posts have got me thinking about how I spent 2010. I can't say that 2010 was a great year for me. I have a lot of ups. The highlight was definitely working for Totus Tuus.  It was a great summer and I learned a lot about myself. Yet, I still found/find myself not becoming the person I wish I was. I want to be this person, but I want it to happen overnight. Yes, I know that is not how it happens, but I still wish it was like that. I am frustrated that I do not have the discipline to become a better person, the person I wish I was. I know that I should love the me I am, but I can't help but question myself. It has been quite awhile since I have been on a date. I find it hard to discern my vocation when I don't know what life would be like as a sister or as a married person. I would love to go on a date, just to help me make a decision. It is also tough to be the odd person out, the one home alone on Friday and Saturday nights. I can't help but think that there is something wrong with me, like I am not doing something right. I don't make New Year's Resolutions because I cannot stick to them, but I pray for the discipline to be the person God desires me to be. Okay, angsty post over.

No comments: