About Me

My photo
I am a junior at Creighton University in Omaha, NE. I really like it there. The campus is small and it feels like we are all just one big family. I am a theology/secondary education major and I am discerning a career in youth ministry.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Job


I think I probably have one of the coolest jobs in the entire world, and I couldn’t love it any more than I already do. I am an intern in the Campus Ministry office on my campus. The highlights of my job include Justice Walking, Confirmation, weekly prayer and reflection with Laura and my fellow interns, bi-weekly prayer with the whole CM staff, spiritual direction, and the chance to work with awesome people all over campus!

First of all, my job was not intended to be as I just described it. I started off just participating in Justice Walking, and I was working on a Protestant Worship Service with Marie. The CM office was looking to cater to the Protestant as well as the Roman Catholic students here on campus. This was a stretch for me, because I am Roman Catholic, born and raised. I have only been to a Protestant service a couple of times, and that was a Southern Baptist service, very different from the mainline Lutherans, Presbyterians, and Episcopalians I was working with. Luckily, one of the ministers was a professor I had last semester for Christology. It was a great time. I learned a lot about other denominations than my own and I also saw what goes into putting together a service.  I am happy to say that the service is still going on and growing! Due to some class conflicts with a fellow intern, I was pulled from this project and became a coordinator in our Justice Walking program.


No comments: