About Me

My photo
I am a junior at Creighton University in Omaha, NE. I really like it there. The campus is small and it feels like we are all just one big family. I am a theology/secondary education major and I am discerning a career in youth ministry.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Bring Me to Your Love, Lord

I wrote this last semester. It is a prayer based on Pslam 139.

Bring Me to Your Love, Lord

I, Katie, arise this day and rejoice!
I praise you, God, for your unconditional love;
you know me and love me anyway.
Your gift of peace is my great joy;
Your gift of grace is my great consolation.

When I am distressed, you comfort me.
When I am elated, you rejoice with me.
When I am sacred, you protect me.

Loving God, hear my prayer:
Open my eyes to see you in all people.
Open my ears to hear you in every voice.
Open my heart to receive the plan you have made for me.
Open my hands to hold those who have no one to hold them.
Open my mouth to speak your words.
Open my whole self to live the life you have prepared for me, even if it scares me.

Amen.

No comments: