About Me

My photo
I am a junior at Creighton University in Omaha, NE. I really like it there. The campus is small and it feels like we are all just one big family. I am a theology/secondary education major and I am discerning a career in youth ministry.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thoughts Post Immigration Immersion (more to come later)

For those of you who don't know, I was in Tucson over Fall Break doing an immersion trip to learn about immigration issues on the border. I will write more about the experience, but here are some brief thoughts that I have going through my mind right now.


I've been thinking a lot about suffering. I see a lot of injustices in this world and I have a vision of how to heal them. We, as a human family, seem to have lost sight of the intrinsic human worth of each individual in our search for personal gain and selfish desires. Yet, how can I affect all of these problems when there are so many? Do I just pick on and work on that? Do I try an affect change in all areas? 
A recognition of everyone as worth something would go far in this world. Yet, how is the best way to do this? I hope that by teaching (or youth ministering) I can help affect change. I can teach people and maybe a few will take what I  have said to them to heart and affect change in their own unique way. I just hope I can make some sort of difference in someone's life.


I think Natalie Grant says is beautifully in her song "Human"



We gotta do better than this cuz we only got 
One chance to make a difference 
We gotta do better than this cuz we only got 
One life that we've been given 
A little love, a little kindness 
A little light in this time of darkness 
It'll be what makes us different 
It'll be what makes us human 
I'm human, you're human, we are human 

No comments: