About Me

My photo
I am a junior at Creighton University in Omaha, NE. I really like it there. The campus is small and it feels like we are all just one big family. I am a theology/secondary education major and I am discerning a career in youth ministry.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

So....the Westboro Baptist Church is a Creighton Today.

and I feel kind of violated. These people seem so insensitive and are one of the more prominent hate groups out there today. They are only here for a half an hour, but I want the OFF my campus. No, God does NOT hate gays and lesbians and AIDS is not his punishment for those who like the same gender. Priests are not pedophile, boy raping men, like those people apparently think (that is what they are protesting here and at Creighton Prep today). It is weird, because I have seen these people on the Laramie Project and on the news and internet, but it is a lot more real when they are here at my home. I want them gone, because Creighton is a great place that is very open to all people, not matter what. You know, as a Catholic I might be going to hell (if you listen to this church's propaganda), but at least I am going there not hating my borther and sister. Love will hold us together, make us a shelter to weather the storm, and I'll be my brother's keeper, so the whole world will know that we're not ALONE!

No comments: