About Me

My photo
I am a junior at Creighton University in Omaha, NE. I really like it there. The campus is small and it feels like we are all just one big family. I am a theology/secondary education major and I am discerning a career in youth ministry.

Monday, February 15, 2010

DONATIONS FOR RELAY FOR LIFE!!!!!

“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take…
but by the moments that take our breath away.”

RELAY FOR LIFE WILL TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!
A 24-hour team event filled with fun, food and friendship, surrounded by people of all ages joined together to honor cancer survivors and remember loved ones who lost their battle.

Dear Family and Friends,

March is just around the corner, and it is almost time for Creighton University’s Colleges Against Cancer’s Relay for Life. You may now know a lot about Relay for Life, but it is a very important event to raise money for the American Cancer Society. This is an organization I am passionate because many people in my family have suffered from cancer. More than 70 percent of the money raised from Relay goes directly to support the American Cancer Society’s programs for research, education and services for patients and their families whose lives have been touched by cancer. 

I have already begun forming my 2010 team, and we will be participating in the 24-hour walk/campout at Relay for Life on March 26-27. My fundraising goal for this year’s Relay is large, and I really need your help to meet this challenge. But my challenge is nothing in comparison to the challenge that so many children and adults have to face 24 hours a day once diagnosed with cancer. I feel blessed to be part of such an important cause. This year Team Virginia is dedicated not only to my grandmother, who is currently fighting cancer, but also in honor of or in memory of all of those who are fighting cancer – the people of valor whose legacies pave the way for children and grandchildren to not have to fight this awful disease, and help guide each of us through life’s journey.

Please help support my efforts for Team Virginia this year with a tax-deductible contribution to the American Cancer Society. I am asking for only $20 from you, which is a small sum if we can find a cure for the suffering of millions. You can donate directly to me online at http://main.acsevents.org/goto/KatieKastl

My grandmother’s amazing courage and strength during her battle with cancer gives me hope and inspiration to help reduce the suffering and loss caused by this horrific disease. Together, we can make a difference!  Remember…There’s no finish line until we find a cure.

Warm regards and many thanks,

Katie Kastl

No comments: